Climb the 333 steps to the dizzying heights of the bell ringing chamber in the great central tower of Washington National Cathedral, 300 feet above the ground.
The climb takes approximately 45 minutes and is a rigorous activity. Enjoy a view of Washington from one of the highest points in the city and experience a demonstration of bells. To learn more about the peal bells, the Washington Ringing Society, or volunteer opportunities, visit www.cathedral.org/wrs. To learn more about the Kibbey Carillon, visit www.nationalcathedral.org/arts/carillon.shtml.
Upcoming Tower Climbs
No public tower climbs are currently scheduled. Please check back.
Private Tower Climbs
If you’re interested in arranging a private tower climb for a small group (minimum: 5 people; maximum: 10 people), tours can be arranged for $40/person. Please contact Charles Fulcher (email@example.com) with questions or to make arrangements.
- those with a fear of heights should not participate; much of the stairway is open spiral stairs
- minimum height requirement of 48 inches (4 feet); not appropriate for young children
- no infants in arms or carriers
- no back-packs
- please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour time
- Please dress appropriately for the weather; layers suggested as the climb will take you outside