Explore the whimsical stone gargoyles and grotesques that decorate Washington National Cathedral.
Offered April through October, this tour includes a slide show in the seventh floor auditorium followed by an outdoor tour.
The tour is designed in length and complexity for ages 10 and above. Admission is $15 per adult; $6 per child (12 and under). Reservations are suggested as attendance is limited to 100 participants. All attendees must obtain a tour ticket at the Welcome Desk (located at the main entrance for walk-in visitors, adjacent to the underground parking elevators). Binoculars recommended. Cameras welcome. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate bus groups on gargoyle tours.
If your schedule doesn’t permit one of our special tours, you may also take a self-guided tour year-round. Find self-guided tour brochures »
- Thursday, July 30, 2015, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, August 20, 2015, 6:30 PM
- Sunday, August 23, 2015, 2 PM
- Thursday, August 27, 2015, 6:30 PM
- Sunday, August 30, 2015, 2 PM
- Thursday, September 10, 2015, 6:30 PM
- Sunday, September 13, 2015, 2 PM
- Sunday, September 20, 2015, 2 PM