Monday, January 17, 2011 2 PM
King across the Ages
This annual tribute celebrates the legacy of Dr. King through service projects, interfaith dialogue, and performances of our city’s rich music and dance heritage.
No reservations are required to attend the 2 pm program of soulful music and dance. Admission is a donation of either a non-perishable canned food item or a new children’s book.
Scheduled performers include:
- Rae N. Rajkumar, Master of Ceremonies
- African Heritage Dancers & Drummers
- Children’s Chorus of Washington
- CityDance Ensemble’s Early Arts Program
- Violinist Daniel Davis
- Urban Nation H.I.P. H.O.P. Choir
- Urban Jazz Harmonicist Frédéric Yonnet
- and others
Get Involved: Knit-In
Bring your knitting supplies to knit hats for the homeless as part of the Martin Luther King Day celebration. Times and information »
Get Involved: Donate Ready-to-Wear Winter Clothing
Needed: Winter coats of all sizes and ages, (for infants, boys, girls, and adults) and men’s and women’s business attire. All donations should in good condition and clean.
Drop-off time: Monday, January 17, 8:30 am – 1 pm,
- National Sikh Gurdwara, 3801 Massachusetts Ave, NW
- Community of Christ, 3526 Massachusetts Ave, NW
- Soka Gakai – USA, 3417 Massachusetts Ave, NW